welshbookworm

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train
William Kuhn
The Boleyn Deceit
Laura Andersen
Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks Read this for bookclub, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. It's pure fluff, and that just isn't my thing. Yeah, it's just the kind of book for a movie - a pleasant, but short diversion, ultimately forgettable. Probably works better as a movie actually, but I don't have any strong desire to look for it and watch it. I gave it three stars just because it was short, and sweet. I only rolled my eyes a few times.

Book description from Amazon.com :
Reeling with heartache after her husband abandons her for a younger woman, Adrienne Willis flees to the small coastal town of Rodanthe, North Carolina, to tend a friend's inn. Here she hopes to find the tranquillity she so desperately needs to rethink her life. But almost as soon as she gets there, a major storm is forecast and a guest named Dr. Paul Flanner arrives. At fifty-four, Paul has just sold his medical practice and is trying to escape his own shattered past. Now, with a fierce nor'easter closing in, two wounded people will turn to each other for comfort-and in one weekend set in motion feelings that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives.