welshbookworm

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train
William Kuhn
The Boleyn Deceit
Laura Andersen
Comanche Moon - Catherine Anderson This probably rates about a 2.8 for me, but I REALLY don't like romances. The guy is too good to be true. The woman is, at times, infuriatingly stupid. Brave, but stupid. Most of the time I am rolling my eyes, alternating between laughing and wanting to throw the book at the wall. HOWEVER - I wanted something "fluffy" after reading Her Fearful Symmetry and the four Jackson Brodie mysteries. I'll give the author credit for her sensitive treatment of the Comanche people. It engaged me enough to send for the sequel, Comanche Heart. We'll see.

Description:
A harrowing tale of two cultures colliding on the 19th-century American frontier. Orphaned after her parents were killed by Comanches, Loretta Simpson still lives in terror that the warriors will return, her fear so powerful, she is no longer able to speak a word. Comanche Hunter of the Wolf sees her as the embodiment of an ancient prophesy and claims her for marriage. After she is abducted by Hunter, Loretta must confront her fears -- and her passions. Despite the hatred between their peoples, Loretta and Hunter gradually find their enmity changing to respect and care. In the midst of such conflict, it will take all the force of their love to find a safe haven.

Audio version narrated by Ruth Ann Phimister.

Series info: