welshbookworm

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train
William Kuhn
The Boleyn Deceit
Laura Andersen
Journey to Yesterday (Signet) - June Lund Shiplett Savage excitement? Who writes these blurbs?! I thought the sex was pretty tame for a romance novel. I really didn't feel the attraction. The historical romance was more compelling than the contemporary one, and yet it was left hanging unresolved at the end. I suppose there must be a sequel. I like time travel novels, and for that reason it held my attention. The author did an okay job of portraying the look and feel of the 19th century, but it was like watching a movie rather than "being there." I really didn't feel transported along with the character to another time and place. There was just enough character development at the end, to make you feel that the "journey" was worth it. But I don't think I care enough about the loose ends to go looking for the sequel. Still, enough substance to have made a pretty good movie...

Description:
The men at the party couldn't take their eyes off Stacey as the stunning redhead jackknifed into the swimming pool. But suddenly, mysteriously, she was gone, torn from her husband and daughters in Cleveland and thrust into the untamed pioneer days of America's past. Frightened and bewildered at first, Stacey felt safer when she became governess to handsome Ben Clayton's two motherless children. When he proposed to make the perilous journey out West by covered wagon, she agreed to go. But Stacey didn't know the depth of her desire for Ben, nor the savage excitement that awaited her. Would she ever return to her safe and comfortable life in the twentieth century? Or did her destiny now lie in the past with a love as strong and powerful as the one she left behind?

Series info: