welshbookworm

Mrs. Queen Takes the Train
William Kuhn
The Boleyn Deceit
Laura Andersen
Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon Book on Tape (unabridged) read by Davina Porter. Now I remember why I quit reading this series way back when. It's an enjoyable story, but it just goes on and on, and I wasn't that interested in the scenes in France. This is the kind of series where all the details will (hopefully) be all tied together by the final volume, but until then there are a lot of disjointed details. Listening to the book on tape makes it tolerable. I do plan to continue with the series.

Book Description from Amazon.com

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....

Series info: